Apple Banana Salad Recipe with Peanuts
Enjoy a fresh, flavorful change of pace with a surprising mix of lettuce, apples, and bananas, topped with a paprika dressing. Perfect for busy holiday meals.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Apple Banana Salad with Peanuts Ingredients:
- 12 oz lettuce mix
- 2 ripe bananas
- 14 oz sliced apples, prepackaged or 2½ apples, sliced
- ¾ cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- ⅓ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp fat-reduced mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp paprika
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Slice bananas.
- In a large salad bowl, toss mixed greens, banana and apple slices,
- Peanuts, and dressing.
Serve with 8 oz non-fat milk and one slice of rustic whole-grain bread.
Tips on how to select and store:
- Choose bananas that are slightly green on the stem and tip. They should be firm, without bruises.
- Store unripe bananas at room temperature. Store ripe bananas in refrigerator for up to two weeks; skin may turn black.
If you enjoyed this healthy recipe or have a recipe you want to share… comment below!