Grilled Chicken Avocado Quinoa
This grilled chicken avocado pilaf recipe pairs avocados and bell peppers with red quinoa and grilled chicken, for a satisfying, colorful meal.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Chicken Avocado Quinoa Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 3 tsp sodium-free chicken bouillon
- 1½ cups red quinoa, uncooked/dry
Chicken Avocado Quinoa Directions:
- Heat grill. Peel and cut avocado into chunks; place in a medium bowl.
- Mix lemon juice, basil, and ½ tsp black pepper. Drizzle over avocado chunks, toss, and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Mix ½ tbsp olive oil, salt, and remaining black pepper. Brush mixture on chicken and red bell pepper. Grill chicken and pepper until done. Set chicken breasts aside. Cut pepper into thin strips.
- While chicken and peppers are grilling, heat remaining olive oil in a large pan, add garlic and onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add water, bouillon, and quinoa to pan; bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked (about 15-20 minutes).
- Place quinoa pilaf in a large bowl and add chicken, red peppers, and avocado. Toss gently.
Serve with an 8 oz glass of non-fat milk and ½ orange, sliced.
P.S. We recommend drinking two Vi Shape Shakes for breakfast and lunch followed up by a sensible dinner, like this healthy and delicious Grilled Chicken Avocado Quinoa dish.
If you enjoyed this Healthy Recipe or have a recipe you want to share… Comment Below!