Curried Chicken Recipe with Raisins and Mushrooms
Savory chicken and mushrooms balanced with the sweetness of raisins and red bell peppers will make this curried one-pan recipe a family favorite.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Curried Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- 1½ tsp olive oil, extra virgin or virgin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 12 oz), diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into ¾” squares
- 2 cups chicken broth, lower sodium
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups instant whole-grain rice
- 1½ tbsp curry powder
Curried Chicken Recipe Directions:
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan.
- With heat on medium-high, place chicken in pan and cover with lid.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Gently mix in raisins, rice, and curry powder; bring to boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer until rice is done; fluff with fork and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Add a side salad with light dressing and an 8 oz glass of fat-free milk.
Time saving ideas:
- Purchase sliced mushrooms, fresh or frozen bell pepper strips, and diced chicken.
Cutting calories while getting proper nutrition can be hard, expensive, and time consuming. ViSalus Shakes can offer you a fast ‘ideal meal’ that can save you money while providing amazing nutrition. To help you with your weight loss goals try one of our ViSalus Shake Recipes for breakfast and lunch followed up by a sensible dinner, like this Curried Chicken Recipe.