Grape & Cashew Salad Sandwich Recipe
The creamy and tangy goodness of low-fat cottage cheese is the perfect balance to sweet grapes and cashews. Enjoy this salad as a sandwich filling or on a bed of lettuce.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Grape & Cashew Salad Sandwich Ingredients:
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1½ cups red grapes, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ¾ cup dry roasted cashews, unsalted, coarsely chopped
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, grapes, celery, cashews, parsley, and ground black pepper.
- Toast bread and build sandwiches following steps 3 and 4.
- Spread ¼ salad mix on 4 of the bread slices.
- Add two lettuce leaves to each sandwich; top with 2nd bread slice.
Serve with a side of raw baby carrots (about ½ cup) and 1 cup of sparkling water w/ lemon wedge.
If you enjoyed this healthy recipe or have a recipe you want to share… comment below!