Spanish Omelet Recipe
This tasty dish provides a healthy array of vegetables and can be used for breakfast, brunch, or any meal! Serve with fresh fruit salad and a whole grain dinner roll.
Spanish Omelet Recipe Ingredients:
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1½ cups green/red peppers, sliced thin
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 5 egg whites, beaten
- 3 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat parmesan chees
- Pepper and garlic salt with herbs, to taste
- Vegetable cooking spray
Spanish Omelet Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- In a nonstick pan, add vegetable spray and warm at medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until brown.
- Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt and low-fat mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
- In a 10-inch pie pan or ovenproof skillet, add vegetable spray and transfer potatoes and egg mixture to pan. Sprinkle with low-fat parmesan cheese and bake until firm and brown on top, about 20–30 minutes.
- Remove omelet from oven, cool for 10 minutes, and cut into five pieces.
Cutting calories while getting proper nutrition can be hard, expensive, and time consuming. Body by Vi Shakes can offer you a fast ‘ideal meal’ that can save you money while providing amazing nutrition. To help you lose weight try one of our ViSalus Recipes for breakfast and lunch followed up by a sensible dinner, like this Spanish Omelet Recipe.