Tuna Apple Salad Sandwich Recipe
Liven up your lunch-time with the tuna apple salad sandwich with a refreshing mix of tuna, apples, raisins, and walnuts.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Tuna Apple Salad Sandwich Ingredients:
- 1 apple (such as Fuji or Pink Lady Washington)
- 1 12-oz can chunk light tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup raisins (or chopped figs)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, optional
- ½ tsp curry powder, optional
- 8 leaves lettuce (Bibb, Romaine, green, or red leaf)
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
Tuna Apple Salad Sandwich Directions:
- Cut apple in quarters; remove core and chop.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all salad ingredients, except tuna.
- Gently fold in tuna.
- Make sandwiches, using lettuce and whole-grain bread (toasted, if desired), and fill with tuna apple salad.
Serve with an 8 oz glass of 100% orange juice.
If you enjoyed this healthy recipe or have a recipe you want to share comment below!